Superintendents: Mary and Heather Nachtigal
608-538-3434 (Mary) or
To Our Exhibitors
Thank you for entering. The class is open to all ages from 4 and up. Please notice the entry deadline for the Open Rabbit Show. All completed entry blanks must be postmarked at least 10 days prior to the event weekend. Please keep these entries separate from other exhibits (4-H-Youth, Household, and livestock).
Please try to have entries listed on entry form in CLASS and NUMERICAL ORDER and, if possible, please include name/address labels with your entry form to wave writing time. You should contact the exhibit superintendent if you have any questions.
Thanks for your cooperation.
We look forward to seeing you at the Horse & Colt Show.
Mary and Heather
Open Rabbit Show Details
Entries should be postmarked NO LATER THAN 10 days prior to the show weekend. Entries made after the deadline until 9 a.m. on the day of the show will be a $2 entry fee per rabbit.
Registration start at 8 a.m. on Saturday of the show. The show starts promptly at 9 a.m.
Show will be held at Matthes Auction Arena.
Mail entry forms to:
Mary or Heather Nachtigal
22467 Elderberry Dr
Soldiers Grove, WI 54655
- All rabbits must be purebred for bred classes. Exceptions will be for the crossbred and pet classes.
- Limit to 3 breeds per person in the breeding classes.
- Exhibitors can enter only 1 rabbit per class.
- Limit of 5 different breeds per exhibitor.
- All rabbits must be free of contagious and infectious diseases. Rabbits showing evidence of specific diseases cannot be exhibited.
- This is a carrying cage show, bring rabbits in something they will be comfortable in for the day. Please be sure to bring food and water.
- Animals may be removed at exhibitors discretion.
Premiums: Blue $4, Red $3, White $2, Pink $1
There will be rosettes and monetary prizes for “Best of Breed”, “Best Opposite”, “Reserve Champion”, and “Grand Champion”
Enter rabbits by sex and age as follows:
- Buck over 6 months – Senior Buck
- Doe over 6 months – Senior Doe
- Buck under 6 months – Junior Buck
- Doe under 6 months – Junior Doe
|Class A||Sr.Buck||Sr. Doe||Jr.Buck||Jr.Doe|
|American Standard Chinchilla||1||2||3||4|
|Angora – English||5||6||7||8|
|Angora – French||9||10||11||12|
|Angora – Satin||13||14||15||16|
|Angora – German||17||18||19||20|
|Checkered Giants (all colors)||25||26||27||28|
|Dutch – all varieties||37||38||39||40|
|English spots (all varieties)||41||42||43||44|
|Flemish Giants (all varieties)||45||46||47||48|
|Lops – French||53||54||55||56|
|Lops – Holland||57||58||59||60|
|Lops – Mini||61||62||63||64|
|Lops – Fuzzy||65||66||67||68|
|New Zealand – Red, White, Black||73||74||75||76|
|Polish – all varieties||77||78||79||80|
|Rex – mini||81||82||83||84|
|Rex – All standard varieties||89||90||91||92|
|Satins – all standard varieties||93||94||95||96|
|Satins – mini||97||98||99||100|
|Any other fancy breed||109||110||111||112|
|Meat class (pen of 3 all same breed|
|and variety not over 5# each. Cannot be|
|entered in another class.||125|
|Single Roaster 5-8#||126|
|Single Fryer 5# or less||127|