Superintendent: Heather Frank
20750 Balsley Lane
Richland Center , WI 53581
To Our Exhibitors
Thank you for entering. The class is open to all ages from 4 and up. Please notice the entry deadline for the Open Poultry Show. All completed entry blanks must be postmarked at least 15 days priorto the event weekend. Please keep these entries separate from other exhibits (4-H-Youth, Household, and Livestock).
Please try to have entries listed on entry form in CLASS and NUMERICAL ORDER and, if possible, please include name/address labels with your entry form to eliminate writing time. You should contact the exhibit superintendent if you have any questions.
Thanks for your cooperation.
We look forward to seeing you at the Horse & Colt Show.
Mary and Heather
Open Poultry Show Details
Entries should be postmarked NO LATER THAN 15 days prior to the show weekend.
Registration start at 8 a.m. on Saturday of the show. The Poultry Show starts promptly at 9 a.m.
Show will be held at Banker Park shelter.
Mail entry forms to the superintendent at the address shown above.
- All rabbits must be purebred for bred classes. Exceptions will be for the crossbreed and pet classes.
- Exhibitors are allowed to bring no more than 3 breeds.
- Exhibitors can show only 2 in each age category.
- Entry fee is $1 per bird before September 12.
- Late entries are $2 per bird the day of the show.
- All poultry must be free of contagious and infectious diseases. Any poultry showing evidence of specific diseases cannot be exhibited.
- This is a carrying cage show, bring poultry in something they will be comfortable in for the day. Please be sure to bring food and water.
- Birds may be removed at exhibitors discretion.
Premiums: Blue $4, Red $3, White $2, Pink $1
There will be rosettes and monetary prizes for “Best of Breed”, “Best Opposite”, “Reserve Champion”, and “Grand Champion”
Enter poultry by sex and age as follows:
- Old Male/Old Female – Over 6 months
- Young Male/Young Female – Under 6 months
|Class A – Chickens||Old Male||Old Female||Young Male||Young Female|
|Any other standard – recognized or not||21||22||23||24|
|Crossbreed – Any egg type, any meat type||25||26||27||28|
|Class B – Bantams|
|Single comb – clean leg||5||6||7||8|
|Rose comb – clean leg||9||10||11||12|
|Any other comb – clean leg||13||14||15||16|
|Class C – Duck|
|All other heavy duck||9||10||11||12|
|Class D – Geese|
|Class E – Turkey|
|Any breeding turkey||1||2||3||4|
|Class F – Market Class|
|Roasters (2 birds over 5 pounds each)|
|Broilers (2 young birds, 2.5 to 4.5 pounds each)|
|Young duck (either sex, 5 pounds or more)|
|Young geese (either sex, 7 pounds or more)|
|Young turkey (either sex, over 15 weeks of age)|